This coconut whipped cream is just as delicious as regular whipped cream. It can even be used as a vegan frosting because it becomes thicker after you refrigerate it. Melt vegan chocolate chips and whip them into the coconut cream for a spectacular chocolate frosting or drizzle in a dash of pineapple juice and frost gluten-free carrot cupcakes! Yum!
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled at least 2 hours
- ½-1 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Place the thick, creamy part of the coconut milk in a mixing bowl and discard the watery part.
- Whip coconut cream with mixer using the wire whisk attachment for 2 minutes.
- Add sweetener and vanilla extract and whip for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the bowl and whip for about one more minute, or until airy.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.