We have both graduated from college and are transitioning into post-grad life. With new careers and life-fulfilling adventures ahead, a new healthful adventure is in order too. This blog is our pride and joy and we are beyond excited to welcome you into our Shut Up & Glisten community.
We promise to give you simple, easy to make recipes that are just as delicious as they are healthy. Besides, when you start with good ingredients you don’t have to do much to make them taste divine.
We hope you join our upcoming adventures and decide to follow us so you can GLISTEN with us every week. Yes that’s right, every week. We have some great new content coming this fall! Get excited for our everyday meals that align with the Healthy Autumn Meal Plan we’ve created to help you continue to live, learn, and love the food you eat! Also, each month we will feature a new seasonal food of the month. Luckily we are pretty stoked about Pumpkin season (Hopefully you are too)! We will pick foods you will love, but only foods that will love you back all the same.
Excited as we are? Join our new email list! And SHUT UP and GLISTEN with us.
XO, The Glisten Girls
As always, sending you LOVE & PEACE without the GREASE!
- ⅔ cup natural crunchy almond butter
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp + ½ Tbsp cold pressed coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp aluminum free baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cup gluten-free old-fashion rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1½ cups gluten-free old-fashion rolled oats
- ½ 65-70% dark chocolate bar
- Coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with melted coconut oil.
- Measure out the almond butter and maple syrup and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Add 4 Tbsp melted coconut oil and whisk until the mixture is well blended.
- Use the whisk to beat in the egg until incorporated then whisk in the vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in ground oats and whole oats until evenly combined.
- Drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets using a tablespoon.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes. The cookies will be a gorgeous golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- In a glass measuring cup, microwave ½ chocolate bar and ½ Tbsp of coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Let cool about 5 minutes.
- Carefully dip half of the cookie in the melted chocolate mixture and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt or kosher salt.
- Place cookies in freezer for at least 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Enjoy with almond milk if desired.